Although the temperatures around here have felt like summer for about a month already, according to the calendar, summer has just begun. The summer months bring all the fun activities: lake time, bonfires, park playdates and so much more! Now I could just be speaking for my own family, but for us, it’s pretty easy to fill up our calendars in the summer. This is the time of year when everyone seems to be busy trying to soak up every minute of the gorgeous weather because we, unfortunately, don’t get to enjoy it year-round!
If you happen to have some open days on your calendar or just need some fun, new activity ideas around the FM area, consider these:
1. Make a summer bucket list and mark a few of those items off each week. Be creative when making your list!
2. Create your own local park tour. Pick a different park each week to enjoy! Check out both of these links for the lists in West Fargo & Fargo.
3. Check out a local ice cream shop or sno cone stand! Either would make the perfect treat to beat the summer heat.
4. Local pools and splash pads are always a hit, especially for those that don’t head to the lakes!
5. Farmers Markets! These can be a fun time for the entire family. Find some fresh produce and much more from local vendors.
6. Purchase tickets for Cinderella at Trollwood Performing Arts School! If you’ve never been to one of their shows, you are missing out!
The gorgeous outdoor stadium at Bluestem Amphitheater is the perfect place for a summer evening musical.
8. Berry picking! This too, is a family-friendly activity. Check out different berry farms in ND or MN, but don’t wait because some of the seasons are only a few weeks long.
9. Sleep under the stars!
What a great way to take in the fresh air and truly enjoy nature.
10. Try something new! This could be anything from a new restaurant to a new activity.
Whatever it may be, bring out your adventurous side because you may just end up finding something new you like!
Of course, there are many, many other activities and fun ideas that could be added to this list.
Whatever you do, just enjoy the summer months because they happen to slip by us too fast each year. And also, don’t forget that it’s important to have some ‘down time’ in the summer as well. Not every day has to be filled with sunshine and activities.
I hope you are able to take a couple of ideas from the above list and make the most out of your summer!
Reaching Your “Apex”! Are you striving for your peak performance? Did you know that you can use PT for more than just pain and injury? Talk to a PT today for sports optimization....
With Another Spring, Comes a New Swing Time, aging, and other factors can make getting back into the full swing of golf a little sticky. Follow our DPT Kameron's tips of golfing and keeping healthy during the spring and summer golf season....
EmbRRRRRacing Winter Running out of ideas for winter activities in Fargo? Try one of these on for size....
We are a private practice outpatient physical therapy clinic offer high quality care with a personal touch. We believe that every patient should receive the quality care needed to help them prevent or rehabilitate their injuries or illnesses.