Chocolate Strawberry Truffle Pie Ingredients:
- 2.5 cups strawberries or other berries, fresh or frozen (250g)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1.5 cups raw cashews (150g)
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp uncut stevia, or 1/3 cup agave or pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
Chocolate Strawberry Truffle Pie Instructions:
- In a bowl, cover the cashews with water and let sit at least 4 hours. Then
drain and pat dry.
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender or
food processor. If using stevia, add 4 tablespoons water. Blend until a
smooth texture is achieved.
- Taste and add more sweetener until desired
taste is reached.
- Pour into a store-bought pie crust (Oreo or graham
cracker) and freeze.
Pairing with wine, I would recommend a white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or a Chardonnay.