Betsy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Breakfast on the Go Ideas
Is getting out of the house in the morning a little hectic for you?
Here are Breakfast on the Go ideas to help make your mornings go easier. These will fill you up without the mid-morning crash. It is important to start your day with the right mix of proteins, good quality fats and carbs. I know when I eat a heavy carbohydrate breakfast, I only feel sluggish and hungrier a few hours later.
Some of these ideas are easier than others. When my kids were younger, I would often meal prep on the weekends. It is totally worth the extra time and effort to make things that taste good, and you know the ingredient list. Pinterest can be your friend when looking for fun, healthy recipes.
Here are recipes I have used in the past. The ** ones are my favorites!
- Smoothies: www.healthyfoodtribe.com/smoothie-ratio/
- **Egg cups:www.galonamission.com/ham-egg-cupcakes-breakfast/
- Egg cups with tortilla: www.dontgobaconmyheart.co.uk/ham-cheese-egg-tortilla-cups/
- Homemade breakfast bars: sallysbakingaddiction.com/peanut-butter-banana-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-bars/#tasty-recipes-76739-jump-targetA
- Muffins: melskitchencafe.com/greek-yogurt-oat-blueberry-muffins/?utm_content=buffercb325&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=buffer
- **Also, I make this one often but substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream-
- Breakfast cookies: crazyforcrust.com/peanut-butter-breakfast-cookies/#wprm-recipe-container-42612
- **Baked oatmeal– infotoptrendy.blogspot.com/2019/01/apple-cinnamon-baked-oatmeal-breakfast.html?m=1
- Waffle sandwiches: momontimeout.com/grilled-peanut-butter-honey-banana-waffle-sandwiches/#_a5y_p=1476186
- **Homemade granola/cereal 100daysofrealfood.com/recipe-granola-bars-cereal/
- **Breakfast egg bake theseasonedmom.com/baked-ham-cheese-omelet/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=baked-ham-cheese-omelet
- Ham, cheese, hashbrown waffles: thetoastykitchen.com/ham-egg-cheese-hash-brown-waffles/
- **Chia pudding: crispyfoodidea.com/2020/07/healthy-chia-pudding-recipes-for-weight-loss.html
- **Oatmeal cups: mywholefoodlife.com/2013/08/17/12-make-ahead-breakfasts-for-back-to-school-mornings/
- Oatmeal breakfast brownies: livinginhappyplace.com/healthy-breakfast-brownies/
- **Overnight oats: theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
- **Breakfast quesadilla: yellowblissroad.com/breakfast-quesadillas/#wprm-recipe-container-60686
- **Banana/zucchini/pumpkin bread: eazypeazymealz.com/super-simple-banana-bread/#recipe
- Homemade pop tarts and other good things: mywholefoodlife.com/2013/08/17/12-make-ahead-breakfasts-for-back-to-school-mornings/
- Hardboiled eggs: familyfreshmeals.com/2012/11/how-to-make-perfect-hard-boiled-eggs-in-the-oven.html#_a5y_p=1415830
- **Yogurt parfait prancier.com/blog/yogurt-parfaits
If you are in a pinch, you can always reach for snack mix- nuts, dried fruits, cheese or leftover soups, casseroles, etc. (why limit it to lunch and dinner?) Make a quick PB and J sandwich.
Fueling your body correctly for your first meal will make a significant difference in your day.