Ankle sprains are injuries to the ligaments that hold the ankle together. During this injury, the foot twists or is turned beyond its normal range of motion and causes stretching or tears to the ligaments. With severe sprains or tears, surgical intervention may be necessary to keep the stability of the ankle, but physical therapy will continue to be essential to your recovery.
With an ankle sprain, you may notice typical symptoms:
- Increased pain
- Swelling, stiffness, weakness and instability to the ankle and foot
At Apex, a skilled physical therapist will work with you to create an individualized plan of care.
We are a private practice outpatient physical therapy clinic offer high quality care with a personal touch. We believe that every patient should receive the quality care needed to help them prevent or rehabilitate their injuries or illnesses.
Recent Blog Articles
- 7 Ways PT Relieves Constipation September 18, 2023
- The Nutritional Keys to Healing September 16, 2023
- Digestive Wellness with Visceral Manipulation September 8, 2023
- Wait, You Can Get Physical Therapy for That? September 3, 2023
- Physical Therapy Can Relieve Medication-Induced Constipation September 1, 2023
- Creating Stillness for the Autonomic Nervous System August 30, 2023
- PTs Can Help Cardiovascular Health August 20, 2023