Cervial Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD)
Degenerative joint disease (DJD), also known as osteoarthritis, of the cervical spine is a condition in which the protective cartilage of the bones in the neck wears down or degenerates, leading to inflammation and pain. It may also lead to development of bone spurs, which can affect movement at the joints of the neck or even put pressure on the nerves exiting the spinal column. DJD is often the result of aging. One may be more at risk for DJD if they are overweight or work at a job or play sports that put repetitive stress on the neck.
Pain, stiffness and loss of neck range of motion are common symptoms of DJD. If it is causing compression on one or more of your nerves, you may experience pain in one or both arms, weakness, numbness or tingling into the shoulder blade, arms or hands.
Apex Physical Therapy & Wellness Center is here to help
Because of the wide variety of symptoms, our skilled physical therapists will perform a thorough examination of the neck and upper extremities. Following the exam, your physical therapist will work with you to create a plan of care that best suits your personal goals and needs.
We are a private practice outpatient physical therapy clinic offer high quality care with a personal touch. We believe that every patient should receive the quality care needed to help them prevent or rehabilitate their injuries or illnesses.
Recent Blog Articles
- How our Mission and Vision Shape Apex March 24, 2023
- How taking 4 or More Meds Affects your Balance March 21, 2023
- A Heaviness in My Pelvis: What Does it Mean? March 9, 2023
- Boost your Immune System with EGYM Workouts March 6, 2023
- A Blockage in the Lymph Node Drainage System March 2, 2023
- Calves Get You Moo-ving February 19, 2023
- Our Achilles Heel February 16, 2023