Cervical stenosis refers to a narrowing of the spinal canal in the neck which can cause compression of the spinal cord or nerve roots exiting the spine. It is typically caused by degeneration or “wear and tear” of the structures of your spine as you age. Physical therapy intervention can help reduce pain and symptoms but some of the more severe cases may require surgical intervention.
Common symptoms of spinal stenosis include: neck pain, pain in one or both arms, weakness, numbness or tingling into the arms or hands.
Apex Physical Therapy & Wellness Center is here to help
Here at Apex, our skilled physical therapists will perform a full examination of the neck and upper extremities. Following the exam, your physical therapist will work with you to create a plan of care that best suits your personal goals and needs.
We are a private practice outpatient physical therapy clinic offer high quality care with a personal touch. We believe that every patient should receive the quality care needed to help them prevent or rehabilitate their injuries or illnesses.
Recent Blog Articles
- How our Mission and Vision Shape Apex March 24, 2023
- How taking 4 or More Meds Affects your Balance March 21, 2023
- A Heaviness in My Pelvis: What Does it Mean? March 9, 2023
- Boost your Immune System with EGYM Workouts March 6, 2023
- A Blockage in the Lymph Node Drainage System March 2, 2023
- Calves Get You Moo-ving February 19, 2023
- Our Achilles Heel February 16, 2023