Chronic Low Back Pain
Chronic low back pain is pain in your lower back that persists longer than the typical injury healing time (> 3 months). There can be many causes of the pain. It may be due to an underlying issue of the spine like stenosis, degenerative disc disease, degenerative joint disease or a herniated disc. Sometimes there is no known or identifiable cause of the pain.
Chronic low back pain may present with a wide variety of symptoms. The pain is usually dull or achy and may or may not be accompanied by muscle spasms. Sometimes the pain can be sharp, burning, numb or tingling and may travel into the buttock, leg or into the foot (sciatica). Depending on the cause of the symptoms, certain activities may increase or decrease your symptoms such as sitting, standing, walking or bending.
Apex Physical Therapy and Wellness Center is here to help
Because there can be many causes and symptoms of acute low back pain, our skilled physical therapist will work with you and complete a full evaluation to create the best plan of care for your needs and personal goals.
We are a private practice outpatient physical therapy clinic offer high quality care with a personal touch. We believe that every patient should receive the quality care needed to help them prevent or rehabilitate their injuries or illnesses.
Recent Blog Articles
- 7 Ways PT Relieves Constipation September 18, 2023
- The Nutritional Keys to Healing September 16, 2023
- Digestive Wellness with Visceral Manipulation September 8, 2023
- Wait, You Can Get Physical Therapy for That? September 3, 2023
- Physical Therapy Can Relieve Medication-Induced Constipation September 1, 2023
- Creating Stillness for the Autonomic Nervous System August 30, 2023
- PTs Can Help Cardiovascular Health August 20, 2023