Ligament Sprain or Tear
A ligament sprain or tear in the knee is an injury that commonly affects athletes, but nonathletes can also experience these conditions due to accidents or trauma. These injuries typically occur with sudden twisting, stopping, jumping, or direct hits or falls to the knee.
Some ligament tears may require surgery, but physical therapy will continue to play a crucial role in your return to function.
Common symptoms related to ligament sprains or tears include:
- Sharp or intense pain
- Snapping or popping sound upon injury
- Difficulty walking or placing weight on the leg
- Feelings of the knee “giving out.”
At Apex, a therapist will conduct a full examination of the joint and determine the best plan of care for you.
We are a private practice outpatient physical therapy clinic offer high quality care with a personal touch. We believe that every patient should receive the quality care needed to help them prevent or rehabilitate their injuries or illnesses.
We offer five locations to serve our customers:
Recent Blog Articles
- How our Mission and Vision Shape Apex March 24, 2023
- How taking 4 or More Meds Affects your Balance March 21, 2023
- A Heaviness in My Pelvis: What Does it Mean? March 9, 2023
- Boost your Immune System with EGYM Workouts March 6, 2023
- A Blockage in the Lymph Node Drainage System March 2, 2023
- Calves Get You Moo-ving February 19, 2023
- Our Achilles Heel February 16, 2023