Turf toe is an injury to the main joint of the big toe. This injury usually occurs when the toe is forced into an extremely unnatural position. This is most commonly injured by either jamming the toe or during sports activities.
Common symptoms you may experience are:
- Localized pain at the toe joint
- Feeling of a “pop” during the injury
- Swelling and bruising
- Tenderness to touch
- Cramping into the foot
- Possible disfiguration of the toe.
A physical therapist will work with you to create an individualized treatment plan.
We are a private practice outpatient physical therapy clinic offer high quality care with a personal touch. We believe that every patient should receive the quality care needed to help them prevent or rehabilitate their injuries or illnesses.
Recent Blog Articles
- 7 Ways PT Relieves Constipation September 18, 2023
- The Nutritional Keys to Healing September 16, 2023
- Digestive Wellness with Visceral Manipulation September 8, 2023
- Wait, You Can Get Physical Therapy for That? September 3, 2023
- Physical Therapy Can Relieve Medication-Induced Constipation September 1, 2023
- Creating Stillness for the Autonomic Nervous System August 30, 2023
- PTs Can Help Cardiovascular Health August 20, 2023