Sunshine, lake days, bonfires, and late nights have us all loving the summertime months. Besides pesty mosquitos, there is another downer to summer—it flies by way too fast! We are already well into July and before we know it, we’ll be flipping the calendar to August and talking about all things school and fall. But don’t fret, there is still plenty of time to squeeze more fun in before that happens!
Here are a few activities around the area to add to your summer bucket list:
- Enjoy fresh produce! Whether you check out a local farmer’s market or go berry picking, there is nothing better than fresh, locally grown fruits and vegetables. Add even more fun by trying a new recipe with your grocery haul!
- Take a drive out into the country in the late evening, lay a blanket on the ground and stargaze! Did you know it’s best to go stargazing when there is no moon in the sky? Plan to go days before, during and soon after a new moon. This is a unique way to appreciate nature’s beauty.
- No lake cabin or camper? No problem! Plan a night to camp in your very own backyard! Pitch a tent, blow up an air mattress bag, and grab some cozy blankets, snacks and games. Perfect night “away from home” without spending money on gas or a hotel room!
- Attend an outdoor concert! A couple of beautiful outdoor venues in the area are The Lights in West Fargo and Bluestem Amphitheater in Moorhead. Check their websites for upcoming events.
- Make your own ice cream! Ice cream is a go-to treat on the crazy hot ND days in July and August. Why not make the experience more unique and make it yourself? Here is a recipe for Strawberry Nice Cream.
- Adventure to a new park. There are numerous parks in the FM area and I bet you haven’t been to them all! Bring your children with to play on the playground, enjoy walking paths around the park or even pack a lunch and enjoy a picnic.
This list could go on and on as there is so much to do this time of year!
Sometimes, that in itself is a problem. People are hustling and bustling from one activity to another that they truly forget to slow down and relax. If there is anything I can suggest that you make sure to add to your to-do list for the rest of the summer, it is definitely a little R&R. Let’s face it, you deserve it! Hit the refresh button before fall is in full swing. Enjoy the rest of the blissful summertime!